So many blog posts are already touching the quality of the speakers and the learning’s on SMX Advanced. I have complete other reasons to like SMX Advanced.
- There is no conference other than SMX Advanced which serves better food. I must say, the lunches are terrific! Today, the Cannoli was wonderful. I went for the desert. As soon as I got back to the table, even Rand was leaving his food and went for the desert.
- There is plenty of breakfast, and time to eat it in the morning. No long lines, getting the last couple of crumbs of bread with cold coffee.
- The breaks in between sessions are long enough to get some refreshments or hit to the toilet. You can even get some blog posts up in the breaks, so that you can focus your time in the afternoon on a quick nap, before it’s party time
- Talking about parties. While on SMX you can be sure of good parties, before, during and after the show. Thank you sponsors!
- The weather in Seattle this time of year is awesome. One comment I heard: “I have to come from Southern California to see the sun”
- The conference is the right size. No 5000 people hanging around, asking beginners questions. The show has sold out every year so far. Sold out means sold out!
I’m already looking forward to next year SMX Advanced.
HHmm NomNom Cannoli
Good coverage on SMX:
- Google Loses “Backwards Compatibility” On Paid Link Blocking & PageRank Sculpting
- Duplicate Content Solutions & The Canonical Tag
- Beyond the Usual Link Building
- You&A With Matt Cutts
- Google (Maybe) Changes How the PageRank Algorithm Handles Nofollow
- Conducting An SEO Audit To Troubleshoot Problems & Tune-Up Performance
- SEO Ranking Factors In 2009
Especially the life blogging posts from Lisa Barone from Outspoken media are really good. A lot of tweets were flying by from people who were asking how she could life blog AND tweet at the same time, at such a rapid pace. It’s incredible how she is able to describe the sessions and be so funny in her posts.